PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Together
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 10:46
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AntiDistinctlyMinty

(Which reminds me, why do I have to listen to my colleagues who come in an AAVAs whinging on and on about the pension situation - they're obviously not that upset as to refuse to do AAVAs in protest!)
To my mind, there is absolutely no point in refusing to do AAVA's or any other extraneous duty until such a time as it becomes a notified part of industrial action.

Any type of industrial action needs to be notified for it to have any impact. If people just start refusing to do AAVA's the management will not know that it is in protest over pensions (they might guess it is, but it does not have the same impact as a concerted policy). It's a small thing, but someone i.e. the Union, needs to stand up first and say "If you refuse to change your stance, we will ballot for industrial action - the first stage of which will be withdrawal of the AVA agreement".

It is only by going through this process and giving notice, that maagement will truly understand why things are happening and the impact it can have.

People keep talking about the powder being kept dry etc - if something is going to be done, don't do it half baked, do it properly!!