PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Air
Thread: NAS Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 09:43
Fly Ginger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt...........you of all people here should know that there is far more to this on-going saga than meets the eye. Not quite first quarter either. Global shortage of trained (and experienced) crews, GACA, managerial changes and cultural differences have all played their part in delaying an aircraft into service in a time frame that was frankly un-achievable. (by the way, while i am on this frankly absurd rant, they are 195's, OK!!)

Did i mention GACA. Although i'm on the toulouse tree-trimmer, it took me 136days to get a licence validation. One e-mail from GACA to the CAA, one e-mail back. Even at the most conservative of estimates, most of the hoards of workers we have in the command nerve centre in RUH could knock out one e-mail in a day...................possibly. Or maybe tommorow. Definately the day after.

I'm not sure EMB work on those lead times for delivery.........."You ordered it,we've built it, do you want it at this price or what??" is probably more like it. Anyway, our new friends (??) at the big airline in OEJN are training lots and lots and lots of crews...........well, a few anyway, so things are on the up for the ugly little jungle jet.

Damm, there i go again, sticking up for the company. 100 lines;

Must stop sticking up for the company
Must stop sticking it to the company

Now you have all been told before to Fly Ginger