PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 6
Thread: MANCHESTER - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 08:57
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA at MAN

Seems to be a heated issue. I am a not a regular on this thread but have been reading comments with interest about BA and the regions.

I have no idea if BAR/Connect made money at MAN or indeed any other station. But I do remember whilst working at BHX in Operations between 1999-2002 that Eurohub (T2 as it is now) was never particularly busy (except Mon morning and Fri evening) and the BA operation there had an over-bloated, unionised 'BA will never pull out, as if' feel about it among the staff - yes, great facilities and good service but lots of staff and not many pax. Since BA departed BHX forever, the departures board in T2 thanks to FR now looks a whole lot more interesting, there sure is more pax and to the average Joe on the street you can now fly to far more places in Europe than ever before you could with BA. Does the average Joe really care what airline it is as long as it flies to where they want at a price that suits?

OK so MAN is a busier and bigger airport and cannot be directly compared to BHX. And you have just lost a high profile service - but you still have Continental and Delta to NYC and other long haul flights with quality international carriers that BHX can only dream of. Move on cos BA sure have