PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down in Saba/St. Maarten, any more info?
Old 28th Oct 2008, 00:51
WestIndian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buitenzord wrote:

For an example of a "boy who cried wolf" situation just look at the situation on the night of the accident. After the crash a boat was called which transported the patient and he survived. That boat could have been called in the first place and two deaths avoided. The helicopter was not required to save a life, but that was how it was almost always presented to me while I was flying there.
Don't know you brother but I got to take issue with this. No insight like hindsight, as they say. In retrospect, Ronnie had not had an MI after all but only a lethal case of tachycardia. It couldn't be resolved on Saba so at least one fully licensed and qualified physician called for a medevac. And it wasn't resolved at the hospital on St Maarten either. It took paddles in San Juan to bring him out of danger and into stable condition. I'm told he probably has permanent kidney damage.

When I code, gentlemen, just take me to a better hospital quick. You can debate it online afterward.

Last edited by WestIndian; 28th Oct 2008 at 01:19.