PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice passenger/crew thread
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 23:34
eticket
cheerful pessimist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A long time ago a 'friend' of mine arrived back at STN.

He approached the lost luggage desk. Seeing he had no cases with him the lady behind the counter immediately asked him what flight he had come in on etc. My 'friend' replied that he had no missing cases as he was returning from a business day trip. Cue a surprised and then questioning look on the lady's face. My 'friend' added that he just wanted to say thanks for returning his delayed luggage the last time he came through. What followed was nothing he had ever experienced before when thanking people.

The lady said 'What did you just say?'

So my friend repeated his spiel all over again. This time a little more self consciously as a queue had started to form. At the end the lady said 'Can you wait there?' and turned round and went into the rear. She then emerged with two other lady co-workers and said, 'This gentleman has something he would like to say'.

My 'friend's' idea of a quick get in and out was now in pieces and with three pairs of eyes staring at him from the front, and even more pairs from behind, he repeated it, even more self-consciously, for a third time. As he finished all three faces had been transformed. They were lit-up, beaming and smiling from ear to ear. I have never seen that sort of a reaction before or since. oh rats never mind. I then beat an undignified retreat towards Customs.