PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bushflight
Thread: Bushflight
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 22:06
gadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt wally, I will be good from now on

In your statement that we as profesional pilots do need to know everything i agree to a point. but not entirely. Law wise yes.
but there is plenty to learn in aviation as we go.
personaly i learn every flight I do. And I am sure that won't change anytime soon. I learn still everyday on how my plane performs in different temps winds and terain etc.
I used to load on agwork for an old fella who clocked up 30000 hours in his career, he said "the day i dont think i will learn more when i am flying is the day i wil resign and go fishing."

He did end up going fishing after a non aviation silly accident put him out off flying. I would like to ad, maybe not so relevant to this post bit still a valueble lessen he repeated day in day out. and still when i talk to him.

"never rush, and when you are new in a job or new aircraft give yourself plenty off room and take your time"

Maybe this statement is less relevant in IF flying when controll tells you what to do i am not sure as i dont hold an IF rating. it sure counts for VFR specialy for low level ops off any kind.

Cheers