PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leeds Heliport (1980s)?
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 21:50
Jeff Anderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His son was called Jeremy, but I cannot remember the daughters name (Judith maybe?), she was about the same age as me although a bit more 'plumper'

I remember that Manjit could not pronounce Whinmoor, it always came out as 'Vinmoor'. The number of times he had to repeat it for certain ATC's.... I visited Northair a couple of times (X-licence was much more my kettle of fish) with radio sets. We used to swap 'pluggable' bits from BBIT, IU, IV all the time, it was only as a last resort that you guys were called in as you cost money. I even remember fashioning transponder aerials out of metal coat hangers...

Another great Dick Meston memory was one day we were doing a photo job, the photographer arrived and Dick was clearing tree stumps using a JCB. I ran over the field to get him. He was wearing his Army fatigues and a baseball cap on the wrong way round with the usual cigarette hanging out of his mouth. The photographer did not believe he was a pilot, to prove it Dick took off and proceeded to do a quick solo flying demonstration to prove he was!

Was all this 30 years ago? Seems like yesterday