PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 27th Oct 2008, 21:33
pulse1

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
chappie,

As the father of a military pilot I have had nothing but admiration for you and the others who have bravely fought to expose the incredibly poor attitude of the MoD and higher ranks of the military to the safety of our servicemen.

Ever since the Chinook campaign started over 10 years ago I have asked myself how I would react if my son was killed under such circumstances. As the appalling picture has unfolded over successive tragedies involving Hercules, Nimrods and Tornadoes, I am aware that it has only become public knowledge through the actions of brave people like you and irritating sods like Brian Dixon. Hopefully, it is your actions which will make it less likely that families like mine will have to fight the same fight.

So, instead of talking about "millstones" I think that it might be more appropriate, one day, that the families of all service men erect a stone statue with your names on it. You are fighting so that others will not have to. Keep up the good work and, if the only way we can help is to read your emotional outbursts, please go ahead.