PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leeds Heliport (1980s)?
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 19:57
Jeff Anderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian Sharp it was, he used to live in Tadcaster! He had a Bobby Charlton hair style and a sense of humour to match. When I signed up to do my A&C license he was my tutor, although I do remember him making me take my overalls off to get my arm into fluroescent fluid tank in the NDT machine to dredge out the muck in the bottom.

His proudest moment for me was when a 206 wouldn't start after an overnight stay at a show in East End Park in Hull. When Manjit pressed the tit it started to wind up, but then would cut out. I got out my screwdriver, undid the little panel on the collective and shorted out the contacts with the screwdriver. Problem solved and it saved Brian a trip to Hull - he used to drive REALLY slowly! From that day on he called me "Jeff the screw", he even engraved my tookit with the phrase.

The other engineer there was Colin someone, he was Wally's right hand man so we never really trusted him.

BTW, did you work for Leeming Electrical over at Horsforth? It was another of Wally's companys and I do remember one of the TV engineers coming over to mend radios etc.