PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bushflight
Thread: Bushflight
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 19:33
gadude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt i agree with your post to a point, yes you have to follow the law in a country that you are in HOWEVER, you do need to know the law 1st to be able to follow it.
Yes in NZ you can join base and in aussie you can't but how will one know that if no one ever told them???
its nice and easy just to start bagging people out for not knowing the law but last time i chekked it is NOT the law to resit a law exam when you go from NZ to Aussie.

when you come on holyday from Aussie to NZ are you going to sit a driving test?? i seriusly doubt anybody in this tread will.
yet there are at least one minor different rule on the road that will lead to a bit off confusion, yet nobody ever told you.
try on a strait road to turn left while oposite traffic on the same road wants to turn right into the same road. get my drift?? different give away rules in the 2 countries. but that is not going to make you all off a sudden a les profesional car driver now is it. just because you didnt know.

I am going to be a proffesional bloke and join mid down wind from now on.

I am willing to learn and to better, but i get the impression that there are some people on here that think they already no everything there is to know about aviation.
I bet you that very little if any guy/girl who comes over from ozzie to nz to fly would pick up a law book and studie it from back to front just incase there was a small difference somewere in the rules.

They licence cross over is a paper exercise at a casa office, for me i just wrongly asumed that the rules would be the same.
but there you go, one should never asume hey

cheers