PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Together
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 09:24
DON GIVACHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGLNYT

I take all your comments on board, but the simple fact remains that this IS and always has been, about the pension scheme and I am disappointed in the way it has been handled. This is not a knee jerk reaction.

I have been considering my words carefully and as far as I am concerned have not said anything libelous. No mentions of promotions, backhanders or the like because I don't believe that would have been countenenced by the people involved.

I am curious about your comment that you have bigger concerns than the pension, please expand.

The only other concern that I have is the fact that the Company has already been divided into 2 separate divisions ready for a potential sell off.

No doubt NERL will be safe under the NATS umbrella, essential to the economy and all that.

NSL however, are probably screwed. If they find someone to buy us then all bets are off for those like myself who joined after July 2001. At my interview I was told that I would be a part of the CAAPS scheme and subsequently find out that I am not covered by the Promise so there is no obligation on any future owner to honour that pension for me.

I left the mil early because the T's and C's in NATS were so good, and up to now it has been the best move I ever made. However if the pension scheme is messed with to the extent that is proposed then NATS is no better than any other service provider to my mind.

The only reason I am at ABZ is that was the only offer on the table when I crossed to the dark side. Ideally I would have liked to be 400 miles south of here. If the pension is altered and the company split and sold then I will definitely be looking to leave unless, as a mobile grade, NATS post me south, gotta be warmer than here!

I think that MR777 is correct in that the Union have had their fingers burned here.

They have obviously put a lot of effort into the negotiation but the CEO has got what he wanted after all, a divided membership. He said at his first barstool session at ABZ that he thought we as ATCO's were paid 20% over the odds. He also denied wanting to go after the pension scheme but look where we are now.