PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Thought Police
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 03:03
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOWEVER, the problem remains. We work for an airline that has certain rules about intellectual property, and about controlled/uncontrolled information.
I think if this was a free study guide for all crew, he might have got away with it, and crew would be better off.
So Basically,what Comfy is saying is that this is an issue of money rather than an issue with intellectual property.Like the company comfy expects people to work for nothing and produce goods and services without any financial compensation for their time and materials....Darth would be impressed.

I still don't see the problem because although I agree that the company does own the EP manual and it's intellectual property involved in it's design and procedures covered there has been no theft or misuse.This is nothing more than someone working to make something which exists more efficient.

This is a bit like someone in the office moving the furniture around to make the office more efficient.He is not stealing anything nor removing anything that belongs to the company.If this company information is not supplied to any one outside of the company then there is not theft of intellectual property...pure and simple.

In fact the funny thing that Twiggs and comfy will not tell you is that the company themselves had their own study guide printed some years ago.From memory it was printed that the study guide was not intended to replace or be used as substitute for the company EP manual but was solely intended as a study guide.This meant that you could take this away on trips instead of a 3 Kg manual and which did the company a favour by saving weight in your suitcase.

The only thing was that study guide produced by the company was never as good as the one produced by this chap...and that is probably half the problem here...sour grapes

Twiggs....once again you are taking the company line but that is no surprise is it?

As Ka.Boom said any pax could take that pic and as long as it is not given to the press or any other company or person outside the company what is the problem?
I think this alone would have been of concern to the company/CASA.
Twiggs ....You mean that the office is a bit put out that someone is "highlighting inconsistencies" in their procedures....

Yeah That would do it I guess...