welcoming lo-cost operators - will effect/has affected its
performance.It is now trying to play catch-up with these
operators who can now take their time in choosing what
routes to open up - if any.
Stagnation in growth terms has come to be the story of the
last few years with services coming and going on a regular
basis.

I totally agree - Mickyman.

MAN is getting to be a 'Merry Go Round' at the moment, With different carriers taking it in turns to - start a service then finish.

There doesn't seem to be much 'StabilityPlan' anymore in any of MAN's Scheduled services - mainly Loco.

MAN can beat LGW pax numbers wise on a good day, And has done many times.

But people seem to like the sound of LHR better than anywhere else
And always have done.

Can't Sir Michael - see that there is only so much capacity in a day at the Row??

Does he want his fleet of 35+ machines queing up all day every day for T/off Burning more fuel on taxi??

I think He's obsessed with LHR & has lost his direction....

Youv'e got to remember LHR & LGW is not everyone's immediate priority Dep point, And the population of the NW & NE do not think it to be practical to traipse 150 + miles to the Row to go to NY??

They want to go from an Airport 20/30/50 miles away = MAN.

The Joe public has no interest in how many slots BA or BD need to keep at the Row, That's irrelevant to them.

Their immediate priority is a = Quick, Safe, Easy, Dep Airport point.

When MAN Airport signs up the Airlines, There needs to be a clear understanding with both parties.

But what is happening, As I Mickyman & others have said is, The Airlines are not providing the Airport with any 'Long Term' Stability Plans.

Know reading what Skip One Echo has said about BA, It seems that BA did not put their 100% into the agreement with MAN.

They ran a NY service just for the principal, Wether it was making money or not.

Maybe a 'Sweetner' for the MAN Directors.

A way of keeping in with the crowd??

I take my hat off to FR, MOL usually 95% sticks to what he promises, And Delivers, FR will give MAN the boost it needs.

Also TCX, MON, and TOM - have always being loyal and faithfully commited to basing a number of aircraft 365 days a year for many years and will continue to.

I feel Jet 2 could offer more stability, But with LBA 60 miles away they don't have to it's just a stepping stone base.

I don't think Jet2 will offer any commitment to MAN??

Think if BA want to finish completely, Then they should say so - And go running back to the Row and let MAN clear up their mess.

EZY won't last, I think they will be overwhelmed by FR, And will return to 'native' LPL.

The number of 'Thoroughbred' Operators that have dep MAN is - Abismal to say the least.

I could stand on the car park roof in 1994/5 and count X amount of Airline liveries - But not many now.

Okay, We have EK, EY, SQ etc but we need 10 more like these

Like I said in an earlier post, If MAN Mgt don't get a grip on this 'stability' issue, Then MAN we'lll all be travelling by 'Loco'