PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is meant by "RIP" anyway?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2008, 22:35
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't agree more.

I will re-open that thread later. Hopefully the more understanding of you will refrain from accusing the pilot of being inexperienced and so on, remembering his family, and the family of the other lad, may well be lead to that thread.

A bit of respect is what we all want to see and read in cases like this.

As for the speculation, that should be for another thread, again as a mark of respect, not to taint the original thread with undue attacks on other posters and ill informed comments (see other accident/incident threads).

What I would like to see when an accident/incident happens is a condolences thread where people who actually knew the persons involved are allowed to comment and another thread should be opened for anyone to discuss the possible reasons why it happened and to learn from events like this. Perhaps someone could start a 'Flying in bad weather' thread to kick things off and you can all disagree with each other on that.

It is not easy to moderate threads where someone has been killed. First thing I get accused of when I do intervene is the right to discuss why it happened so others can learn from that, but I would rather see the discussions in another thread, not the one that reports the deaths of fellow pilots. I really would like to see two separate threads when this kind of thing happens.

Thank you to all of you who have emailed and PM'd me today, much of what I have written above is based on your comments today.