PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Together
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2008, 22:27
DON GIVACHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do know that for years the Union stance has been one of, "the pension is not up for discussion". Do you think then that it is ok to then enter into discussion and negotiation without informing or consulting with the unit reps or membership?

Do you not think that the unit reps have a right to feel aggrieved that this has happened. Are you in fact a union member?

The line in the sand seems to be even more movable than I feared.

The Union should NOT be helping the company to sell this, unless this is the Union's idea.

The company obviously have no respect for the staff or they would have made a better effort to engage the us without resorting to the scaremongering that is going on at the moment.

Sending a HR rep who can't or won't answer a question regarding finance issues is not going to endear them to the workforce. How can you respect the statements of people who are not fully prepared before setting out. If we as ATCOs are not fully briefed before duty we are negligent when it goes Pete Tong. Same rules apply here.

Having your act together at that level is surely not too much to ask from management.

I appreciate that things are going to have to change in due course. All I am saying is that I am not impressed with the way the Union have gone about things, and am not the only one.

NO mandate, NO consultation with reps or membership. Is that too much to ask?

It's nothing more than good manners and good practice.

Don't p*ss on me and tell me it's only rain!