PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2008, 21:07
Night_fr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to say it but !!!!!

I agree with WWW, there are next to No Jobs out there unless you know someone who can put a word in for you, its not what you know any longer its who you know.

Bankruptcy is no an option for many as the loan was secured on property and the financial collapse will bring down the creditors on the person who put their property up as security.

Only non secured loans can achieve the Bankruptcy goal.

As for the ex XL people I am extreemly sorry for their predicament, but sorry wont pay their bills.
The OAA students who finished last / this year had loans in their names and were receiving additional payments from XL to cover their loans, now nothing.

For the CTC guys along with many others its going to be a long, Hard cold winter.
I agree with Day Dreamer, you are under paid and under valued and from the CTC viewpoint a cheap pilot who can maximise their profits.
There is no guarantee that after 6 months you will not be returned into the holding pool while Easyjet can take on more cheap pilots.

Whilst I agree that under current economics to have lower cost pilots is good for the company bottom line, I feel that the prospects for those in the CTC holding pool are the lowest they have been for many years.
Brush off the backup plan, and like Day Dreamer said get take any aviation job that comes your way.