PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is meant by "RIP" anyway?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2008, 21:01
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is imho not the commenting on poor judgement or other causes of accidents which is hurtful. It is the incessant slagging off each other, calling each other children or stupid or worse that it intolerable.

Some of the posters, and quite a few of the old seasoned ones(!) with many hundreds or thousands of posters are exceptional pedants who feel that only their opinion is valuable to the point of even asking or telling other posters to stop posting at least implicitly. They should learn to respect others opinions and give their own, and if commenting do it in a respectful way.

In my opinion it is quite ok to exchange views on what may have caused an accident, or discuss circumstances such as weather at the time, type of plane, age of plane etc.etc. After all this is a pilots forum where news and rumors can be voiced and discussed. I am aware that relatives may come to this forum to read what is being sad. If they do, it will hurt them a lot, but this should not be a reason to stop commenting so that we all may continue to learn......

Anyone is free to disagree with my view.

Perhaps the Moderator(s) may wish to join the discussion so we can set acceptable standards for the forum and still continue our exchange of views openly?

Respectfully yours

BvH