PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 26th Oct 2008, 11:20
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Chappie - you were worried on 24 Oct that the journo chasing the Collins story (I assume Tom Peterkin, Political Editor, Scotland On Sunday) was going to misquote you and give Collins too much credibility.

Well, having looked at the article, I think you gave an excellent, punchy answer
Sarah Chapman, the sister of Robert O'Connor, a technician on board the aircraft, said she was "very disappointed and saddened" by Collins' remarks. "Tim Collins is obviously very old school," she said. "Yes, they were in a war zone, but let's just remember that all of their chances to cope with their attacks were removed, not by insurgents, but by those who were supposed to protect their safety and apply their duty of care.

"To come out with a tired old phrase like compensation culture and to use it in relation to the families is insulting."
So, as ever, well done! Especially under the homecoming family stresses that you mention.

I'm thinking that we might pursue this further through journalistic channels and see if we can't get a proper right of reply - but perhaps if it doesn't get picked up elsewhere it might be best to let sleeping dogs lie. What does anyone think?

airsound