PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2008, 09:31
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that you can't afford to take a job on anything less than a B737 or Airbus.
The whole idea that getting onto a jet straight out of training is laudable but in todays climate it will only be for the very fortunate less than 10% of those available.
I agree with several posters on Pprune that going through air taxi, bush flying or other general aviation avenues give skills that can not be learnt in schools and generally make for a better pilot, call it an apprenticeship if you like but worth every hour of the experience.

You have still missed the point again in favour of the CTC hype the guys and girls at Flybe are getting a full salary, not a £1000 pittance so what they choose to spend it on is their choice and they were aware of the expenditure when they started their course at FTE OAA or wherever.

If you can convince me you should not be paid a fair rate for the job within the first 6 months, I am open to changing my mind on this matter.
However from an airline point of view you are low risk and cheap, also easy to get rid off if you excuse the pun.

Good Luck in the pool dont get cramp and wrap up warm when you come out its a cold world out there.