PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2008, 08:06
Captain Spam Can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi daydreamer,

i can understand where your comming from but what im trying to say is i understand flybe offer around 2k a month but we will be on 3k a month as we get an extra 1k for the bond, if i or an oxford grad got a job at flybe then we would get 2k a month full stop and would have to pay 1k back out of that for the bond or the 80k that it cost to go OAT. so we would be on 1k for a lot longer than 6 months!!. I have thought about looking elsewhere but taking a job on something less than a 737 or a320 wouldnt pay the bills and still allow me to live comfortably due to the size of the bond. 1K a month for 6 months is hard i know but its only for 6 months and i dont have to fork out 30k for a type rating. Im not starting any debate on weather thats right or wrong im just saying from my personal situation, i dont have 30k in the bank...come to think of it i never had the 60k in the bank to start with, so without ctc id still be an office monkey 'Day dreaming'...(no pun intended..lol).
OAT seem to be in the same situation then, as BA have been taking up until a few weeks ago, ryanair...well anyone with 30k can go there. their not fussy about weather your integrated or modular, and flybe. CTC people as i said have been going BA who wanted that, most are holding out in the EZY hold pool and a few went to cityjet. TCX have taken about 10 of us guys on this month.

Jaimz1982, there wont be any effect on you as you wont enter the hold pool as you are Icp, it will just be like going to OAT where you will recieve top class training and it will be upon you to apply to the airlines yourself, and CTC will provide a report for you to the airlines. I wouldnt worry about jobs yet in your situation, in my time at CTC the airlines went up and down a dozen times...it changes overnight, just worry about not getting 'PR2'd..lol and enjoy yourself!!!