PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2008, 22:37
CFOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did PPL a year ago at RQAC at YBAF and the people there were pretty good but just the fact that they have a marketing manager for an aero club made it seem like a more of a business straight away. I know she's mainly for AAA but if you're not full time then you're 'relegated' to the RQAC section. This is how I felt anyway - just a number. I then did CPL at Redcliffe Aero Club. As soon as I walked in I felt more comfortable with the club atmosphere while still impressed with the professionalism of the instructors. New 172s (for hour building and NVFR) and getting to do the last part of my CPL in a 182 sealed the deal for me (plus the cheaper costs even though I drove from the southside over the gateway 45mins everyday - it's not that bad!). If you choose RAC and you'd like to do it full time then I'd advise talking Tony (CFI) or a senior instructor for half an hour to tell them the time frame you want to do it in. They'll set up a plan of attack to help you.
Ultimately trust your gut because you have to feel comfortable with your school because you've got some exciting times ahead and the school that can assist you the most and makes you feel that you can ask whatever, whenever will allow you to develop the most efficiently.
My two cents. Good luck