PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2008, 22:10
justme69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree.

But remember that, if you are handed out a soap-covered baby and you accept it, it is certainly to great extend your responsability to not drop him. If you don't want the responsabilty and want it to remain with the person handing you out the baby, don't babysit. Choose another profession.

But if the baby handed out to you only had a small band-aid in the forehead, and you dropped him with fatal consecuences, don't blame exclusively the person handing it out because he had a previous minor head injury.

Sure, "without the previous band-aid" the baby had more chances to survive the drop. But he probably would've perished even w/o it anyway if you dropped him like that, and he certainly would've survived just fine with the small band-aid if you didn't drop him.

There are times the responsability is 100% with the "handler" and 0% with the "parent" (i.e. the baby was in perfect condition and you just were overly careless). There are times when it's 80%-20%. There are times when it's 1%-99%. But there are very few times when it's 0%-100% (it would be irresponsible and liable to accept a baby you know is gonna fall w/o remedy -- you would only be excused if you had a gun pointing at you and forced to accept him).

I'm quitting now. This baby analogy is giving me the goosebumps.

Last edited by justme69; 25th Oct 2008 at 23:29.