PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Recession
Thread: The Recession
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2008, 20:43
AiRBuS_380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

no matter where you are airlines are goin to be a roller coaster ride anytime soon. many major airlines are freezing headcount with many piloting intakes being KIV. Cadetship has been affected as well as i have heard from many colleagues that training will be slowed down and even stop if the economy goes down. On the other hand, the LCC market have seen a sudden boast of travellers due to the paradigm shift occuring in the price ticketing world. guess it would now be great to just sit tight and enjoy the ride....

Hongkong and Macao have been seen being affected as well, thus China as a whole will feel the impact as well. As for aviation industry from knee how, China aviation market (domestic) might not be fully affected as they are not really as deregulated as other nations are therefore, aviation employees might be in a buffer zone at the safer side compared to us. Since the start after SARS, Airlines whom are registered in China has more demand then supply... therfore perhaps thats the reason why knee how dont feel the heat yet.

I would like to comment that unecessary arugment will not help, rather hope people can help fellow pilots survive and get job placement during such difficult times.

airlines staff worldwide i suppose are in a 'what to do' state i guess.. for me rosters have slowed down and signs are simply showing up....

good luck!

Great way to fly!