PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2008, 20:39
NurseToPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It varies from person to person - I had lasik in march and gained my Class 1 in June

I wouldnt say i had fluctuations but the astigmatism of 3.75 i had corrected took about a month to settle. Immediately post lasik i had an astigmatism STILL of about 1.5.... but its now between 0.25 and 0.50 for which no glasses would be prescribed.

I had 3 consultations. One with ULTRALASE (£4000) one with OPTICAL EXPRESS (£3500) and finally a family run optician in Bolton called Clough's and had my treatment for £1900 (both eyes total price)

Don't believe all the HYPE that the big companies use to over sell their treatments as there is still no real evidence that you actually benefit from the machines they boast with bells on.

The consultant at Cloughs does his own consultations (the others have technicians who decide if you are suitable or not!!! - comforting eh!)

Night vision for me IMPROVED....

The problems people have reported in the past was due to the fact that no consideration was given to the PUPIL DILATION at night time..... the surgeons used to cut the flap apply the laser and put the flap back....

Then later on at night when the pupil dilated.... it might have dilated larger than the edge of the incision / flap hence the production of HALOS and HAZE where the person could SEE the flap's edge in the form of deflected light...

This was taken into consideration at my consultation and my pupils were measured to 7.5mm at their largest.... my flap was then cut at 8.0mm wide. The result is that I will NEVER see it even in total darkness!

I hope this helps you

Another person from this forum contacted me a while back re laser surgery and has since had it done!

If you need further information about my experiences etc either PM me or reply on this thread

JONATHAN