PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sterling (merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2008, 11:46
boeing737-700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I canīt see who would be interested in buying Sterling, what do they have to sell, the only thing they excell at is bad management.

They claim to be in talks with several interested parties, but I would think that this is just a statement to attract interest.

It may just be a lie, I guess that in big business it is called spin.

Interesting to note that less than 2 week ago they denied that they were up for sale, then about a week ago they were interested in bringing in an investor and now they are actually for sale, things happen quickly in aviation.

Again, what do they have to sell????

All the aircraft are leased, headquater is leased, maintenance is subcontracted, any airline can start flying on the same routes if they want to, they have a bunch of pilots who are still split in two groups because of seniority problems, they have issues with their unions etc, etc...

They have an owner who claims to have 6 billion kroner at his disposal, and only a few months ago he said that he would be behind Sterling all the way, now it seems that he is behind them allright, he is just running in the other direction.

It is funny to see how they react when they get bad press, such as now when they can not understand that travel agents are keeping an eye on them, they seem to imply that this is what causes them all the trouble.

They have been dumping prices on many routes for a long time, on some they have been giving away free tickets, all you had to pay was the airport taxes, and then they cry "price dumping" when SAS increases capacity on routes to and from Bergen, which forces Sterling to pull out of Bergen.

Waiting to see who will be foolish enough to buy into this.

Off to have a shrimp cocktail....!!!!!!