PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Look at Boeing's beautiful new aircraft!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2001, 07:39
Nihontraveller

Wink

On a serious note I think we have to keep in mind the many early problems that occured on the "Thunderflash" design.

If I remember correctly two aircraft were lost enroute London-New York. One of them lost on the maiden flight on that route. It was only because IR were able to skillfully transfer Alan into the hold of the aircraft (inflight!) that the manufacturers were able to establish that it was in fact a "little wooden man" causing sabotage.

In another incident one Thunderflash crash-landed at London airport due to an undercarriage failure. Once again IR was able to bring the aircraft safetly to rest using three remote vehicles which accelerated along the runway to "catch" Thunderflash as it touched-down.

I was suprised that there was not an immediate public outcry over flight safety. As it was I seem to remember there was just the usual "big party" and mutual back-slapping at IR headquarters.

A message for Boing?

Stop the PR posturing, or call Scott and Virgil for advice to design a practical flying machine (TB2 for example).