PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2008, 09:50
agusaleale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justme wrote
While I personally think that it's not easy at all to "catch" pilot's bad behavior, specially if it is only sporadic, I'm all for forcing airlines to install voice/image recording devices in the cockpits that last longer than the 32 minutes of the CVR which, best case scenario, would only allow to evaluate pilot's behavior for the landing part of the last flight.

That way airline supervisors can figure out what goes on behind the locked doors of the cockpit and catch bad apples before their actions becames a danger. Don't we all agree that this would be an easy, cheap and really effective way to monitor progress and compliance of crews with training?
...In that case, those within the company in charge of supervising could also be held responsables for repeated risky conducts of the pilots under their supervision/training.

So a pilot (consistenly, lets make this easy) fails to do his job as trained and the person that hired/trained him is to blame. Therefore, they failed too and all "four" go to jail. And it's OK to end it there. We don't need to hire someone to supervise that the supervisor is actually supervising the pilot, or that the trainer is actually properly training the pilots.

I am certainly suprised if airlines donīt do this.
I work in a non critical job(such as pilots do) and I am strictly supervised daily.
I fully agree with you !!