PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's a Small World
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 17:43
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is long and involved but I'll try to keep it short.

Flying into San Francisco to meet my brother from Hong Kong and my other brother and his mate from London to watch the Oakland Raiders on Sunday and the San Francisco 49ers on Monday night.

Leave Detroit and change planes in Minneapolis. The Quarterback of the Raiders is on my plane. I sit next to a young couple who I don't speak to until we
re on finals in San Fran. They live there and, it turns out they have tickets to the Raiders game on Sunday. I laughingly say I'll see you there.

That night the four go out to Fisherman's Wharf, (tourist trap, no reason for locals to be there 'cos the beer is pricey). We're on the lash in a pub when the couple walk in... We have a beer and say "see you at the game" and they leave.

Next morning brother wants to go to the NFL shop on Fisherman's Wharf. Off we go and bump into... Yep... The couple... Same joke about the game and away they go.

Sunday afternoon... 60,000 people in Network Associates Coliseum... We're sat near a set of steps coming up from below. No sign of the couple... Of course...Just after half time loads of people coming up the stairs back to their seats... There they are... They have seats 6 or 7 rows behind us and offset by one block...

Wait... It gets better... There's a really obnoxious twit about 6 seats across from us... Real toothless redneck with too much beer and too much mouth. Next night we're at 3-Com stadium waaaay up in the nosebleeds... Suddenly we hear "Hey, Raiders Fans..." It was our Redneck...

Wait... It gets even better... Next morning I'm at the airport to go home, (via Minneapolis). I'm having that "final smoke", (don't do that now), when I hear "Hey, Red".. I turn to see a man I've never seen before. He says "You were at the Raiders game on Sunday, you were at the 49ers game yesterday"... He had had seats within a few yards of ours at both games. So I jokingly respond "After this weekend.. don't tell me... You're going to Minneapolis"...

His seat was the row in front of me in the window, I had the aisle...

You were warned it was long...