PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 16:08
justme69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen the movie and considered it too biased. But what would you expect from a movie made by a pilot unionist.

Otherwise, except for a couple of times when I thought it was being overly one-sided, it raised many vaild issues to public awareness that basically shows the caos in Argentinean civil aviation industry.

And all of you are going to excuse me, but I still fail to see how management or training etc can have much to do with a basic, simple human mistake like not lowering flaps.

I would understand that undertraining and generally unsafe practices unsupervised could lead to pilots making mistakes during complex maneuvers or extreme situations.

But something as basic as lowering the flaps handle while taxiing on the ground for 20 minutes by a rested, non-overworked crew?

Isn't every single pilot in the (first) world taught to never ever skip the checklists, do them right, and never forget the flaps/trims/spoilers/landing gear/etc like a million times?

How come when they fail to do that is NEVER their fault but "the company" for not firing them/training them (even) better?

I guess I have a question to make.

When is a pilot's mistake ONLY his fault and nobody elses? Never?

In that case, congratulations to all of you who are pilots. You can never fail because when you do, it's not your fault, it's somebody elses that apparently is human, unlike you.

Last edited by justme69; 24th Oct 2008 at 17:03.