PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anyone starting an intergrated course in the next few weeks.
Old 24th Oct 2008, 14:53
Reluctant737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear - some people really do tunnel vision themselves into their own views don't they. I'm with FR, and I can tell you that 'knowing' somebody got a pal of mine and a few others into the company within the last week. You'll be seeing a Ryanair 737 in the circuit at (probably) East Midlands in about 6 months' time, and I'll tell you now, none of the guys on that aircraft have applied through the website.

This does not apply to somebody in your position, but Monarch are particularly biased towards the old 'CV on the desk' technique, and I know a few chaps with Jet2 who got in through the back door as well so to speak. It is absolutely not an extinct method of entry and happens perhaps more frequently than you think.

A lot goes on behind closed doors,

Best of luck with your training, I took the APP course - it prepares you thoroughly for your intended career and if you have something about you I'm sure you'll be fine. DO KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN - the airlines are not the be all and end all. And if you come out at a loose end, get in touch as I have loads of contacts outside the airline industry who are always glad to hear from enthusiastic guys, even in this gloomy time!

Take care, A