PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bye bye KAps
Thread: bye bye KAps
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 14:41
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
yes of course the hat don't maketh the man but......don't you guys have any pride in your appearance?

volarecantare said it very well, so I post it again.

Interesting...this subject came up in discussion in a non airline environment., i.e people who pay our bread and butter. As passengers they said there is a certain amount of security in seeing a pilot in FULL uniform looking proud and polished, they felt it them of his attention and care in his job which in turn made them feel in "safer hands".

I've always felt proud to wear my Uniform and Hat. In fact I have am proud to be a pilot. I don't wear longs sleeves and if I ever do I won't be apologising to any of the upstarts on this site who really it seems need a dose of the real world out there. Throw out your uniforms lads, with your manners dignity and the rest and sure soon the will be look like a shower of nobodies who deserve to be treated like crap by management.

Respecting your Uniform, your colleagues your profession and yourself, I would go as far as to say probably reflects on your performance as a pilot!

Its not the "WE" are special but what we do is and we should have respect for that, the way you carry your uniforms gives out a message to those thousands of people putting their life in your hands.