PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHILST ITS QUIET what do people do in the spare time??
Old 24th Oct 2008, 14:36
fdsajkl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, what a relief to find a thread that is not a mud slinging match!

Well, so far I have practically rebuilt the house, built a deck, dug out and poured a really cool concrete patio and installed a wood stove. Now I'm renewing my instructor's certificate just for fun. I have been learning French and Italian with a rosetta stone program. Both the guitar and fiddle have had the dust blown off of them too!

But the most amazing thing I have discovered recently is that MIT- as in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology- publishes virtually ALL of its course material on the web, FOR FREE!!!!

There are something like 1800 courses, everything from Science, Engineering, Economics, History, Languages, even their MBA program!

Check it out, here's the web address:

Free Online Course Materials | Courses | MIT OpenCourseWare

Unbelievable!!

I'm doing a Physics course at the moment, 36 lectures downloaded onto my iPod for not one penny! Plus all the lecture notes, exam questions (and answers), the LOT! Absolutely perfect for airline flights or hanging around in departure lounges.

You cant get an MBA or a degree this way, but it is GREAT FUN, and keeps the old brain ticking over.

I can only read Part A so many times......

Fly low and slow and be safe....