PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A-119 Vs EC130
Thread: A-119 Vs EC130
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 12:06
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definately a price tag difference especially if you add maintenance and reliability costs after purchase in my experience. What makes the 119 a pilot machine also often get a bit confused or is to much for the airframe and tail to handle and then keeps the techno types busy. The newer B4's in my experience have no power issues and the Arriel 2 uses a lot less fuel especially if you climb a bit you can stay in the air for a long time. I prefer the openness and light inside the B4 creating the feeling of having even more space. Where we operate the average sized male is 5ft 8 to 6 ft 2. It gets uncomfortable after a while in the back with 2 of them opposite each other especially if you have an overweight(almost guaranteed) male or female in the back too. Make that 4 of them and it gets interesting. For me and a few others of averaged length of 6 ft the cockpit is a challenge as well with your knees high in the air to get the feet on the yaw pedals.

Both good machines, but I take the B4 anyday even if she is a bit slower-at least I can stretch out and enjoy a 180 degree view.
knowing she will be ready for the next flight after shutdown.

The fenestron debate. I have seen guys doing amazing things with the fenestron and it becomes a surprising agile aircraft(will never be the B3). Let a good and experienced pilot teach the correct flying techniques with the fenestron and you will soon wonder what the fuss was about. Remember no hydraulic assistance on the TR so it is a different feel.