PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 10:40
Seat62K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Valencian regional government has some sort of deal whereby "Comunitat Valenciana" titles have been applied to Air Nostrum's aircraft (flying as "Iberia Regional"). I wonder if this has anything to do with the regional government's position vis-a-vis Ryanair?
Local newspaper Levante reported last weekend the concern of sections of the local business community at the possible negative impact of Ryanair's decision on restaurants, hotels, taxi drivers etc.
It's interesting to see that the spring/early summer schedules loaded onto ryanair.com recently show flights to/from Stansted reverting to their traditional pattern - i.e. with the first flight of the day (on days on which there are two) departing STN and not VLC as was planned to be the case before closure of the base. Although from a personal point of view I'm glad to see these old schedules reinstated, I do feel sorry for those based in Valencia.
P.S. Does anyone know why Ryanair pulled out of Vitoria? Old news, I know, but I'm curious!

Last edited by Seat62K; 24th Oct 2008 at 10:42. Reason: spelling