PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anyone starting an intergrated course in the next few weeks.
Old 24th Oct 2008, 10:27
ford cortina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part of the problem with wannabes is that some will not listen to their peers, those of us who are working at the pointy end. I find it incredulous to see some posters come on here and shout the odds that they are the greatest this and that, only to find they have not started training yet.

The very people you want to talk to and make contact with are those of us who have jobs in the industry, so don't alienate us, as you may find you need our help, just as we might need your help to get a CV in front of a Chief Pilot one day.
This is a very small industry remember that, there is no need to be so arrogant when people try to help.

Roomey, if you have contacts who can open doors great, I serious doubt it, I did my PPL with one of the top brass at the golden harp airline, I even have a 737NG Rating with hours on type, guess what, he cannot help me get a job at the moment with them. Thankfully I have a better job and am happier where I am even if it means I have to travel abroad for it.

The right attitude will get you far and the wrong one....well I don't need to say.

Good luck with your training and maybe you should think of winding your neck in a bit before you start shouting the odds again
Just some friendly advice.
FC