PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR :days off out base " O "rials
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 08:59
A330 man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To blackorchid

B.W. is not from a charter airline? So why he is changing our flt ops to a low cost charter operations style?
Are we really so spoilt and out of touch with the economics? Or is BW?

Let him take a good look at the operator next door and see how they tie pilots to the airline with benefits (provient fund, paid STBY time and repected seniority list...etc) not with denying privileges.

I am sorry I forgot that some of us got great privileges: e.g. BMW, 140K salary (almost double the current EVAPO) a luxurious accommodation, confirmed tickets, tailored roster to match family needs.

You know what? If I get the same benefits, I will even reduce all your salaries, to please my CEO, and gat more benefits. Sorry, that is how it works because I am not out of touch with the economics!

Let me quote these pilots comments about the Indian management mafia you mentioned, just to have a feel of the public opinion in QA.

shneidertrophy wrote:

One sad record they have broken already: That one of plumetting flight ops morale to unknown depths on the shortest period of time possible!

At least the Indian Birdy Namnam management gave us all something to look foreward to (upgrades/transfers/payrise), the Nigels do not even bother doing that! On the contrary: Hotac quality goes down, pay goes down, no more transfers, upgrades big question mark!!!

A320 Man Wrote:

But to be fair, I prefer the Indian management, at least we were not blocked on the 320 while the 330 and 777 are receiving DECs, they were clever enough to promote the 320 pilots and hire their men on the 320 assuring them to transfer on time.

P.S. I am not Indian national at all. I was type rated, no special privileges.