PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 08:52
mafemukh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MEA GF Approval

Salaam Alaykom Aim Hi,
I hope all is well with you and my friends at RJAA.
I am sorry to contradict you but MEA is NOT currently a GF-approved academy as audited/approved by the GF Training Department. The reason is quite simple: In order for MEA to meet the new BCAA requirements, which have been lifted almost in their entirety from the JAA, it must show that it offers either the ATP(A) or MPL(A) course.
  • The ATP(A) course is the integrated course all the way through CPL/MEIR/ATPL knowledge/MCC;
  • The MPL(A) course is for the multicrew pilot license; no-one in Jordan is (or at least was when I left 6 weeks ago) offering that license.
The only way for MEA to meet these statutory requirements, they must show that they teach to the equivalent of the elements of the ATP(A), which is what Ayla did - more specifically, I did! GF provide a top level team (it was 2 senior management training captains) to audit against these requirements. The elements of the ATP(A) are:
  • CPL (Airplanes)
  • Multiengine Instrument Rating (Airplanes)
  • JAA ATPL theoretical knowledge
  • MCC
The CARC CPL/MEIR is basically the equivalent of the JAA CPL/MEIR - this is not too difficult to adjust. In addition, GF can do the MCC as part of their induction. The bit left and the most difficult bit is the JAA ATPL theoretical knowledge. MEA would have to show that its course meets the learning objectives as stipulated by the JAA.
As far as I am aware, MEA has not done this - I suspect they do not have the materials to do so. However, as one who has done it, should MEA wish to pursue GF approval, I would be happy to work with them to this aim - I, of course, do have the materials. In addition, there is another requirement, not obvious from the licensing documentation, but that's my secret and, of course, one may have some cards face up on the table but one doesn't show one's whole hand!!
In conclusion, unless MEA has a valid agreement with GF that pre-dates the ANTR's (the new BCAA regulations), and I do not believe they do, they are NOT GF-approved.
Finally Aim Hi, should S. wish to take the path of GF approval, I can help; you know where to find me!
Health to you and your family,
M.