PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann
Thread: Aer Arann
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 08:15
Steviec9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Completely passenger point of view. Recently flew STN-DUB with FR and onwards DUB-SXL with RE and return. FR was what it always is: herded about, shouted at in an East European accent, incessant jingles and hard sell of over-priced tat, blindingly bright and tacky cabin and then literally thrown out at the other end. As I have posted before, I expect nothing more and it got me from STN to DUB on time. Change to Aer Arann’s ATR42 at DUB for onward leg to Sligo – what a difference. It’s a completely different business model I know but cabin attendants both ways were charming, chatted to passengers and made it all feel warm and snuggly and a lovely way to start a long weekend. At €30 each way DUB-SXL (PSO subsidised I presume), this was a much easier and far quicker way to get to the north than by the ludicrous IE train services. Aer Arann does have a niche market and will consistently win people back with good service and well planned timetables. There are plenty of places that an ATR/turboprop can go that Ryanair can’t and won’t. Going back to an earlier poster, VLM is indeed a good model to compare to. I have travelled with them since their inauguration in 1993 and they continue to deliver a quality product, serving niches routes, using trusty old F50’s with good timetables and mindful of inbound and onward connections.

Good luck to Aer Arann.