PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big economic problems in aviation
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 04:17
av8trflying

Location: I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry dick, don’t agree with everything your peddling.
What I would like is for you and all pilots to take a big pay cut right now.
Why not, it will save the industry millions if all of you come in to work for free.
In regards to your so called good aussie companies (are they really aussie?), you know the ones that own all of our airports that were sold off and make the owners squillions whilst the customer (read me) has to pay huge amounts for using them.
You say they want to tender for ARFF services. Well the only company that has managed it in Townsville has their employees on around 15k to 20k less. So thank you dick for decreasing the wages of those who need it most in these times.
You are the one who pushed for location specific pricing and got it. What happened? The prices at the big airports got smaller and the little airports (read the backbone of GA Australia, got over inflated prices of over 1000%)
Now they have averaged it out so that small businesses do not have to pay as much. This was done because of the complaints from the businesses that you talk about.
And don’t bring up New Zealand. Go have a chat to the ARFF over there. Disgruntled workers on worse pay and conditions and a fire service that has lost a lot.
So in your theory, dick, employees take it in the a@@ whilst businesses make big savings. I am sure Mr Rudd just made a big song and dance about corporate greed. Whether you agree with him or not, the world is in a pretty bad place at the moment because of just that.