PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One-Two-Go Grounded!
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2008, 02:58
tbavprof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conflicting Information?

B74, I understand the wet lease, but have a difficult time reconciling your explanation with this information provided when the OX AOC suspension was lifted.

While One-Two-Go has been grounded, sister carrier Orient Thai Airlines has been permitted to continue operating. But Wuthichai (ed: Director of DCAT) says Orient Thai is only permitted to operate its Boeing 747s and is barred from operating Boeing MD-80-series aircraft, the aircraft type that One-Two-Go operates.
One-Two-Go has 30-40 pilots but these are only about two weeks through their pilot proficiency checks (PPC), which normally take one month to complete, says Wuthichai.
These PPCs involve simulator training and One-Two-Go has had to send its pilots to a simulator centre in Madrid, Spain because the one it normally uses at Japan Airlines is unavailable, he says.
Wuthichai says DCA inspectors have been accompanying the pilots on these overseas trips,
Normally there is no need for inspectors to be present when the pilots are doing their simulator training but this is "a special case", he says.
Free month in Madrid for DTAC inspectors! That is some serious oversight. Now I understand the delay.