PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Smiling Crocodile" Investigated
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2008, 23:40
corsair4gu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ex Blue Stork,

I believe the the Smiling Crocodile is none other than J.O himself Johan Oli(4) in afrikaans, he has had scams running for years " do you want a conversion and time on the airplane " then the pilots join in on the scheme get training on the airplane, but the trouble is too many pilots, they dont get their hours he pockets the money.
This happened on Merlins, fly freight out of George for awhile then he graduated to Convair 580,s called himself SKYHAUL, the Fed's in SA started ckecking,believe he flew a whole while with no CV 580's on the AOC, went to the Congo, reportedly flying grossly overweight again reported to the SA Fed's. The Company lost 2 Aircrfat one in an incident on the ground a Kinshasa, (not his fault , that belongs to an AN26 pilot) and another in a tragic landing accident, end of Company Pilots and Engineers did not get paid again, dissapeared for a while
Joined Mango got B738 rated.
Then he got involved with the Discovery Flight School an outfit that had a lighrtaircraft traing licene in Pietersburg. He then got involved with Alligiance, trained pilots on the Embraer through Discovery which had no authorization to do the training by the "SA Feds" then flew the B737-200 for Zambian Airways for 5 months with out being type rated on the airplane, did training on the Sim again with no rating I guess his Peers where now fed up with his antics and shopped him to the SA Feds this all occured while flying for Mango he had a busy schedule it seems.
The Feds require all the help they can get on this one, he was a F/O with Flight Star , was he a Captain ? that would be a turn up for the books.
It is going to interesting to see how he talks his way out of this one.
I hope the Feds will get this one right.