PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diego Garcia Judgement Day
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2008, 19:55
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe Russia could come here and remove the UK population
Hilarious. That's why we have armed forces. I don't think Russia in its weakened state could even attempt to do so by force. Mind you, after ZaNu Labour have finished with the armed forces.... who knows. They would be quicker to turn off the oil and gas, or just buy up Iceland.

The Chagos Islands were, still are, British territory. We have even done the same to our own citizens - Rutland Water anyone?

We have to start somewhere in history
Why do we? It is history, even if it recent history. If we start by saying its post WWII then there will be those that claim it is "unjust" that we ignore those pre-WWII, or pre WWI. Are the French going to do it? Or the Portuguese? Or the Italians? Or the Japanese? Or the etc etc. Or would we be the only stupid mugs doing it? So that would be higher taxes to pay for something done by our fathers or grandfathers or great grandfathers.

UK coroners over the democratic process
Actually I don't think the coroners are part of the democratic process.

discourage governments from usurping the legal and democratic process to enter war, which was what happened in the lead up to Telic
And your evidence for that is? Yes there was a dodgy dossier, but where was the usurping of the democratic process?

And "no" I am not a fan of Liarbour!