PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diego Garcia Judgement Day
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2008, 19:19
Ronald Reagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let them go home

As someone who comes from the right of the political spectrum and is very pro military I feel these people should e able to go home. The base should stay as it is. But I thought this country and the USA were supposed to be about democracy and freedom!? To go to those islands and remove the people who lived there by force just stinks! Maybe Russia could come here and remove the UK population as they want to use the UK as a free fire zone or for whatever crap reason! They could move us to France, Germany or Ireland! Bet the locals would love that!!!!
As for the Americans to say it will be a security threat is just unreal! But then again considering how they act at Lakenheath and Mildenhall sometimes we are all the enemy to them!
I guess we just have to ask ourselves do we think it was right or wrong to remove these people. Its like something the Soviets or Nazis would have done!
Many bring up the idea of slavery, vikings and Romans etc. But these events were so long ago no one who they effected is still alive.