PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does one get their command on RPT these days
Old 23rd Oct 2008, 13:36
Icarus53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite what some think, the logging of ICUS from the right seat is only permitted to satisfy the command component (150 hours) of the requirements of the ATPL!
I'd be interested to know what the reference for this is Krusty?

There seems to be very little information about ICUS in the regs and provided the pilot is holds appropriate ratings, I do not see any reason why an FO cannot log ICUS for sectors flown, as occurs in some airlines (such as QF). There is certainly no specification that those hours must be flown under supervision of Check or Training Captains.

I'd also like to know where your 250 hours ME IFR Comd comes from? CAO 82.5 does not include an appendix similar to that in 82.3 stipulating experience requirements. If they exist elsewhere I would be interested to read up on what I've missed.

BTW - a heard recently that CASA is drafting new rules relating to ICUS which may define it a little better and stipulate more clearly the conditions under which it can be logged. Well overdue in my opinion as this Co-pilot time business is completely out of touch with airline flying.