PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 23rd Oct 2008, 12:07
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The coroner's conclusions regarding the ESF and int issues are clear enough and welcome, but I am unclear as to why so many documents vanished. I served at High Wycombe from 2000 to 2003 and cannot recall any new documentation system that required a mass shredding. In fact, highest on the agenda was the construction of the new building on the ops site (when the CinC wasn't pondering the weighty issue of Mess dress). As I recall, files were classified and, when full, they were PA'd as normal. I bet any documents relating to details of capability or operational requirements would be at least Confidential. Who signed off the destruction certificates? Call me paranoid, but I sense a file cull to save embarrassment. 2 Gp staff officers and AWC officers from the period should be hauled in front of someone and made to explain. Perhaps the registry clerks know what was going on. I think the lesson is in future - if you raise such an issue - keep your own paper trail.

As for Ainsworth - he simply needs a Boot, Combat Assault (or whatever they are called now) applied to the back of the neck until he stops breathing. Then he may stop wriggling and lying.