PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2008, 09:07
Aerohooligan

Location: Somewhere that looks a lot better when I close my eyes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Standards before other considerations

I'd recommend going to Redcliffe Aero Club (everyone I know who went there was very pleased with their training) or perhaps RQAC (though I have no experience with their operations or standards). I did all my training at FTA before it started going downhill, luckily. FTA trains to a very, very high standard, but unfortunately student care has gone south in a big way. Also have a look at Australian Wings Academy on the Gold Coast (nice new fleet, friendly staff and I hear their standards are nice and high) and/or Aero Dynamic Flight Academy at Maroochydore (also said to be excellent).

Above all, don't be tempted by the ads saying things like 'CPL in 10 weeks, guaranteed' etc. Not only are they total b*ll****, but you absolutely MUST be looking for a school based on standards first! Length of training and price run a distant second and even further distant third, respectively.

Also, be wary of places that require you to pay your fees up front. Arena Aviation did that, and they went bust, taking a lot of peoples' hard earned coin with them.

Hope that was some help. Make sure you visit each place in person to see what it's really like.