PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 21:37
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Bob Ainsworth rejects the finding that this was a "systemic failure".

The next 56 days should prove to be quite interesting, because from what I saw of the Wiltshire Coroner he is absolutely furious.

I wonder if Bob Ainsworth is basing his view on the evidence presented at the Inquest, because there was hardly any documentary evodence at all. The MoD had destroyed it all. Flip's UOR was found on.....well let's not go there, suffice to say that the MoDs copies had been detsroyed, along with all the requests for foam going back to the early 1980's.

The MoD fielded very few witnesses in post at the time. The only copy of the TAT report yielded nothing but a black hole. Several witnesses suffered corporate amnesia at key moments. It was all pretty obvious and I think many people saw through it.

I am unsighted of C4 Interview with Ainsworth, rather than reject the Coroner's verdict Ainsworth should accept it gracefully and start by ensuring that every one of the aircraft due to replace Hercules "K" is fitted with Flight Deck Armour, Fuel Tank Inerting and the very latest Defensive Aids Suite.

Anything less and we can all conclude that the MoD has learnt absolutely nothing.

If the Australian Government can guarantee this minimum equipment list for its aircrew, why can't the British Government?