PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 20:43
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why, oh why, can't this be sorted?
If you come in from Anglesey, will you get a full days business in Cardiff?
Or Edi, Cdg etc, etc....
No, we'll all land at 10am, miss trains, taxis, buses.
Going to/from Ams? don't bother, go to Brs.
International...?
Regional...?
Customers are telling you where/ what they want.
Lets listen......

this town, ain't nothing but a ghost-town Yesterday 17:34
I have to make some comments on the above post.

EDI you will have enough time for a full days work at CWL with first inbound at 08:20 and last departure just 19:40 (Flybe)
You could also have a full day at EDI if you choose to fly BmiBaby.

NCL has an ideal scheduling for those wishing to complete a days work at CWL with arrival of 08:05 at CWL and Departure of 18:45 from CWL.

I doubt very much you could receive a full days work at CWL if you are travelling from GLA, DUB, CDG, AMS These are due to Airline Scheduling and nothing else. I doubt very much CWL can be fussy and refusing airlines times as they haven't got a lot of airlines knocking on the door.

VLY has a different issue where it has airfield operation restrictions that only allows it to open at certain times as it is the RAF that operate the control tower. However i believe that this route could allow for half a day at CWL and not a full day.

Main reason for KLM's CWL-AMS is for feeder traffic to it's hub and therefore the timings would reflect most suitable to accomodate this.

CWL does not have enough home based aircraft to allow for ideal business travel too or from key business destinations and the majority of it's routes are catered for Leisure passengers rather than business. On the other hand the last 2 years have seen a growth of business destinations such as extra rotations to NCL, EDI, GLA addition of CDG and BHD. It is better than what it was and unless airlines want to operate the routes were not going to get them.

Our main hope at CWL is for a Flybe Base which may be able to improve the times of CDG and GLA.