PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 17:39
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian I would like to publically thank you for the support you have provided in the background, particularly when the MoD decided to get "heavy".

I have spoken with Chappie this afternoon and she made it clear that it doesn't stop here.

First stop is A400M and the issues over the lack of DASS on procurement. We will be seeking to resolve that issue over the next 56 days.

In respone to Trukkie, I understand that new Theatre Entry Standards (TES) have been established, I also understand that their robustness is already being questioned, an area that needs clarification.

Also, I have received a couple of particularly worrying PMs RE the current front line. I would urge all Users to use the system to flag up particular areas of concern with regard to fitness for purpose.

If necessary go to the Design Authority direct and miss out the IPT if it is a toothless one. Once contacted the design authority must act, Marshall's in the case of the Hercules.

I still have contacts on the Defence Committee and can raise points at Parliamentary level. But, a big BUT, we learned at the Inquest that the most important thing is to get your requests in writing. And you must keep a copy.

This is a very big day, it will have many repercussions. Coroner is even writing to other Air Forces who rejected foam he is asking that they think again.

Regarding the failure of the RAF and MoD to fit foam. The system is bust. The Herc IPTL wanted nothing to do with FFP and 2 Group failed in their duty to pass on the TAT report to DEC. I hope the new CAS realises that the system for sending crews to war is broken.

This must never happen again.

Total repsect to the Coroner, a stunning verdict.

I also would like to publically pass on my very best regards to the families.
Anyone who experienced the emotion of that Court will never forget it.

The boys would have hated the publicity but they would have been bloody proud of their loved ones.