PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 22nd Oct 2008, 16:45
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts are with all involved in the tragic case of XV179. You have conducted your campaign with absolute resolution and the utmost dignity, through some incredibly difficult times. The pride you have for your loved ones, and those who continue to serve, is there for all to see. There are many who are proud of you all too – and I am one of those. Your campaign has highlighted, once again, the failings of those who should be protecting our service men and women and the lengths they will go to to protect themselves when those failings are exposed. Shredding documents, failing audit trails – I’ve heard, and seen, it all before.

Airworthiness and Flight Safety need to be priorities once again, and not the current penny pinching and ‘make-do’ attitudes. I hope that your determination will ensure that not only will you be watching the MoD, but many others will be too.

Your actions and determination will, undoubtedly, be responsible for saving the lives of people in the future and for that, I am sure that your loved ones will be just as proud of you, as you are of them.

With great respect to you all.
Brian